Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Motivated by the Gospel of Jesus Christ to cherish, preserve and uphold the sacredness and dignity of all human life, foster charity and justice, and embody Catholic social and moral teaching, CRS relief and development programs promote lasting, positive outcomes to the challenges of poverty and injustice for the poor, vulnerable and marginalized outside the U.S. In addition to the over 100 million people CRS programs serve overseas, the organization works to inspire and engage over 8 million Catholics in the U.S. to live their faith in solidarity with the poor and take action to confront global poverty and injustice.
The Strategy and Organizational Development (SOD) department is a unit of the Executive Office based in CRS headquarters in Baltimore. The SOD department supports innovation and organizational change to boost performance and effectiveness aligned to strategic priorities. The SOD team plays both a leadership and facilitation role to support strategy execution and organizational development from a systems thinking perspective that is planned, organization-wide and managed from the top to boost organizational effectiveness and health by aligning operations and workforce with key business strategies and initiatives. In partnering with leadership and line managers to align efforts to strategic priorities, team members facilitate creation of an organizational culture that values and cultivates a collaborative high performance work environment to drive innovation and quality outcomes in service to the agency Mission.
Working closely with other members of the Strategy & Organizational Development team as well as with colleagues across CRS, the Senior Advisor for Knowledge Management & Learning enhances collaboration, innovation, and program effectiveness across CRS in three main ways by:
- Helping the agency to leverage knowledge and apply learning to improve program outcomes and organizational performance.
- Promoting a culture that embraces knowledge flow, collaboration, social learning, and innovation.
- Optimizing the potential of technology to foster knowledge flow, collaboration and learning.
The Senior Advisor will also contribute to other areas as assigned as a member of the Strategy & Organizational Development team.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in organizational development, knowledge management, social sciences, information systems or work equivalency in relief and development field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in knowledge management, organizational learning, organization development, change management, and/or information systems.
- Experience working w/ an international organization, a plus.
- Proven experience in large scale organizational change in support of in KML.
- Wide understanding and application of KML theories, and concepts as well as demonstrated knowledge of best practices in KML.
- Demonstrated experience in knowledge management and transfer: capturing, documenting, and facilitating the use of lessons learned.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, fluency in English required, fluency in French or Spanish highly desirable.
- In-depth experience and knowledge of Microsoft office products, particularly Office365: Sharepoint Online.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through formal and informal methods.
- Proven ability to present effectively at conferences, networks and through publications.
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills; ability to synthesize various perspectives and demands; ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; can develop clear, concise and logically written communications as well as deliver recommendations effectively to demanding audiences; creates an atmosphere in which timely information flows smoothly through the organization.
- Strong project management and strategic planning skills.
- Systems thinker – ability to see how parts interact with the whole.
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Emotional intelligence – self-awareness, confidence, ability to manage conflict, empathy.
- Ability to work with all levels in an organization.
- Strong track record of reliable and consistent performance.
This posting is a paid advertisement. If your organization is interested in advertising with us, please see this page for more details!